What is Asthma?Asthma is a disease of the upper airways characterized by
shortness of breath, chest tightness, wheezing, and coughing.
What Causes Asthma?
It is triggered by allergies. Mast cells, which line the
nose, throat and respiratory track, can release histamine. Histamine causes
mucous membrane to secrete. The result is always hypersensitivity and
- Pollen, molds, dust, dust mites, animal dander, foods, and
- Dyes and preservative in foods
- Pesticides, perfumes, cigarette smoke, wood smoke, and
chemicals in disinfectants, and laundry products
- A preservative in asthma medications and propellants in
What tests are used in defining my condition?
- Medical Environmental History and Physical
- Pulmonary Function Test, Methacholine Challenge, and
- Skin Testing
- X-Rays or Themography of Sinus
ASTHMA IS REVERSIBLE
Johnson Medical Associates uses natural alternatives to
achieve treatment success.
- Environmental controls
- Nutritional supplements
- Dietary Manipulation
- Exercises to strength chest muscles
- Posturing to increase movement of mucous secretions
- Relaxation techniques
- Emotional and psychological support
- Peak flow monitoring
- Outdoor activities structured around peak pollen and mold
- Asthma medications
- Follow-up with physician
OUR GOAL IS TO MINIMIZE THE EFFECT OF ASTHMA WHILE
MAXIMIZING RESULTS FOR OPTIMAL LIVING.